Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fried Chicken Wings

Cooking in previous years proved to be the most "äbsentee" word in my vocabulary. I have to admit, I love to eat, my family and friends can second that - but cooking? no. Lately though, I developed the passion to cook the food I want to eat, as well as gradually making the kitchen equipped with whatever I need.
Here's what I found funny yet cute about learning how to cook:
  1. You'd spend to get a certain ingredient mentioned in the recipe - not knowing there are alternatives :)
  2. I have 6 kinds of spices in the cupboard in less than a month when previously, I don't even remember if we had salt. :)
  3. You tend to overdo it and put something more than what's said on measurements and stuff. 
  4. I spend half an hour standing in front of the "Spices" section of the grocery store.
  5. I don't use measuring cups / spoons - I just "swish" and "swash" with my hand.
  6. When it's my first time to cook a recipe, I don't want anybody else near my work place :)
  7. I always let my sister taste first and wait for what she says :)
Anyway, today is chicken day. The only time I eat chicken wings is when they're fried.

A bit of Paprika and a Sprinkle of Cayenne pepper

now, let's eat

A near caesar dressing makes it tastier



This post mingles and crowds: 
 

2 comments:

  1. ako naman, when I was just starting to learn i had measuring spoon and cups hahahaaaa. The first time i cooked sinigang, inubos ko yung buong laman ng Mama Sita's sa 1/4th kilo ng pork lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... hindi ka naman masyadong excited niyan :)

    ang dami ko pang kailangan matutunan, and everything excites me in so many ways :)

    thanks for dropping by

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...